When Too Faced released their Matte Eyeshadow Palette, I lusted for it, but was hesitant to buy it. Good quality matte shadows are hard to find. Usually, the ones I've tried (from high-end to low-end) are either chalky or hard to work with (ie: hard to blend, won't go on evenly, etc.). When I spotted this palette at my local Sephora and finally got the chance to swatch the colors, I didn't just want the palette... I needed it!
From left to right:
- Tufted Suede is a lovely soft tan. It works well as an all over color or as a highlight.
- Chinchilla is a soft warm brown. It's perfect for the crease or as a transition/blending color.
- Coffee Bean is a nice dark brown. I usually use it for the outer-v or smoke it out in the crease on a night out.
- Velveteen Bunny is an ivory color. It really brightens up my eyes when I apply it on my inner tear duct.
- Pebbles is gray.
- London Fog is a blackish blue. I'm not too fond of it.
- Fresh Linen is a soft pink.
- Vintage Violet is a dusty violet.
- Midnight is a charcoal gray.
Unfortunately, I didn't have good lighting when I took this picture. It really doesn't do them justice.
These eyeshadows are phenomenal! They go so well together and are not chalky! How often can you say that about an all matte palette?! Probably not much since there aren't that many matte palettes around, but still. You can go for a soft classic or natural look or you can go smokey without all that shimmers and glitters. Although I usually mix my finishes when applying eyeshadows, I can use the palette itself without looking flat. This is my favorite Too Faced palette that I own.