I thought it would be fun to document the Ins & Outs of every month, whether it's personal or makeup related.
QVC and the drawer unit is from Ikea. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my lovely husband for helping me assemble them! I am so pleased with my new lovelies. =) Please note that my brushes do not really belong on the right side of my vanity table... I washed them and am in the process of waiting for them to dry so I can put them away.
- Eating healthy. My husband and I decided to cut down with eating out and start eating in more often. It's healthier and less expensive.
- Pandora. I purchased a yearly subscription to Pandora last May and it was (still is) worth every penny. I use this website on a daily basis at work and it keeps me sane in the office! My current favorite station is 3LW and 112; it plays a lot of music I enjoyed in junior high & high school.
- Taking things too personally. I deal with self-obsessed, rude, and arrogant people almost everyday... and majority of the time, I let them get to me. The thing is... it'll just be me who's upset and irritated for hours - not them; nope, they're fine and dandy. In truth, these people don't mean anything to me. They're nobody in my life... so why let them bother me? I'm done with letting the little things get to me.
- Rain. The drivers who can't drive/have no common sense usually show their true colors during the rainy season. I have no problem driving to work, but I hate driving home because it's traffic hour and all the idiots cause accidents... which takes so much longer for me to get home.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Sunday, January 29, 2012
This purchase is a week old, but it's better late than never. I stopped by Sephora to exchange my Hourglass Tinted Moisturizer (which was lovely, but none of the colors suited me) for the Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer and walked out with a lot of more products than planned.
Here's all of them boxed.
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer (Oil Free) - Light
- Urban Decay mini Glide-On Pencil Duo - Bourbon & Ransom
- Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek - Neapolitan Lane
- Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer - Medium
So far, I've been happy with everything (except the UD pencils... which I have not use, let alone open).
If anyone would like a review of anything, please let me know.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
When people do "what's in my purse" videos/posts, they usually say you can tell a lot about someone by looking inside their bag... I don't get it, but I like these types of posts so I decided to do one.
I'm currently using a Coach purse. I bought this a while ago, so I don't remember the style or price.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
I'm sure everyone has heard of My Glam, so I'm not going to explain what it is... but in case you haven't heard of the company, you can check out the website here.
The package is a pink bubble-wrapped envelop.
- Freeman Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Masque
- Makeup Bag
- Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner - deluxe size
- theBalm Cosmetics Hot Ticket Nail Polish - Girls Just Wanna Have Plum
- Sheer Cover Duo Concealer - Light/Medium
Honestly, the only thing I'm probably going to try is the concealer. I'm a little disappointed that I received a nail polish instead of an eyeshadow, but hey... you can't please everyone.
Sunday, January 15, 2012
The last thing I need is more makeup, but I couldn't resist! I've searched four different Target (and Walgreens) for these babies.
Maybelline Color Tattoos. These are supposedly the MAC Paint Pots dupe, but better. I don't really care if they're supposed to be dupes or not; I'm interested in the pigmentation and lasting power. The colors I chose were:
- 15 Audacious Asphalt
- 25 Bad to the Bronze
- 35 Tough as Taupe
- 45 Bold Gold
L'oreal Infallible Shadow. From what I gathered, these are supposed to be dupes for the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows. I'm still searching for a couple of colors, but I've managed to find one:
- 890 Bronzed Taupe
I haven't been able to test these products out yet, but I'll be sure to update about them if anyone is interested.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
A few of you requested a Well Rested review, so here it is! I know I've been dragging reviews for quite some time, but I assure you that I will fulfill each and every one of them.
Well Rested (retails $18) is described as an "eye brightening shadow base for all skin tones" on the Sephora website. It is a finely milled mineral powder that is supposed to enhance the skin.
Before: Bare Under-eyes
After: Left: With Well Rested alone; Right: With Concealer & Well Rested
- it makes a nice highlight
- it makes my under-eye circles look a lot worse than it already does
- it can get cakey fairly easily & quickly
- it gets into fine lines; you can use a q-tip to wipe off some product
I usually apply it with my ring finger to avoid it from looking cakey; it usually looks caked up whenever I apply it with a brush. However, it looks fake when applied either way.
Overall, I do not find this product anything special. You are better off with Benefit Powderflage.
Will I repurchase? No.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
I never make New Year Resolutions because I never follow through... but I decided to make realistic goals in regards to this blog and makeup.
- Post at least once every two weeks. I'll try my best to stay as active as I can, but just in case I get stuck in a writer's block or lack motivation, I won't disappear for a couple of weeks and reappear out of nowhere like I usually do.
- Stop the impulse buy. I'd be lying if I said I'm not easily lured into buying limited edition products, products on sale, products with cute packaging, and popular permanent products everyone seems to be talking and raving about - even if I knew in the back of my mind that they wouldn't really work out. My goal is to only buy products I know I'd use... not just purchasing something because it's a good deal or the latest trend.
- Stop buying backups (makeup-wise). I've lost count of how many times I've bought backups of limited edition eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, and lipglosses because I thought they were HG material and needed extras for when I run out. I can tell you all now that I have never needed to open a backup because I've never really finished a makeup product (with the exception of lip balms depending what you categorize them as).
- Buy less. This pretty much sums #2 & #3, but in truth, I'm afraid to calculate how much my makeup collection is worth. I need to calm down with the buying and start using, which is my next goal.
- Use up my stash. That's self explanatory, but I think it's time to just shop my stash and enjoy the products I own.
- Giveaway/sell products I never use. I've already started boxing up things I plan to give away to my blog followers and things I plan to sell on a blogsale. However, there are still items in my collection I don't have the heart to let go just yet, even though I don't use them. I'm just going to give myself more time, but I think that's ok... baby steps, people... baby steps!
Do any of you have any makeup goals for 2012? Please link me yours if you do! And for those who has made new year resolutions, I wish you success!