I never make New Year Resolutions because I never follow through... but I decided to make realistic goals in regards to this blog and makeup.
- Post at least once every two weeks. I'll try my best to stay as active as I can, but just in case I get stuck in a writer's block or lack motivation, I won't disappear for a couple of weeks and reappear out of nowhere like I usually do.
- Stop the impulse buy. I'd be lying if I said I'm not easily lured into buying limited edition products, products on sale, products with cute packaging, and popular permanent products everyone seems to be talking and raving about - even if I knew in the back of my mind that they wouldn't really work out. My goal is to only buy products I know I'd use... not just purchasing something because it's a good deal or the latest trend.
- Stop buying backups (makeup-wise). I've lost count of how many times I've bought backups of limited edition eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks, and lipglosses because I thought they were HG material and needed extras for when I run out. I can tell you all now that I have never needed to open a backup because I've never really finished a makeup product (with the exception of lip balms depending what you categorize them as).
- Buy less. This pretty much sums #2 & #3, but in truth, I'm afraid to calculate how much my makeup collection is worth. I need to calm down with the buying and start using, which is my next goal.
- Use up my stash. That's self explanatory, but I think it's time to just shop my stash and enjoy the products I own.
- Giveaway/sell products I never use. I've already started boxing up things I plan to give away to my blog followers and things I plan to sell on a blogsale. However, there are still items in my collection I don't have the heart to let go just yet, even though I don't use them. I'm just going to give myself more time, but I think that's ok... baby steps, people... baby steps!
Do any of you have any makeup goals for 2012? Please link me yours if you do! And for those who has made new year resolutions, I wish you success!