The In-Laws and I went to Sacramento during President's Day weekend to celebrate my younger sister-in-law's birthday. It was our third time visiting Old Sacramento, but first time going as a family with the exception of my father-in-law (he went to El Salvador to visit his dad).
Here are the beauty products I brought with me on our trip:
There was no room in the luggage since it was stuffed with our (my husband & I) clothes, so I packed these in my large Longchamp tote.
I wasn't tagged to do this meme, but it looked fun, so...
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
Most inexpensive: WnW Single Eyeshadows, Trios, & Palettes; great quality eyeshadows for a bargain.
Most expensive: Makeup: Smashbox Photo Op Mega Palette. You can still get this palette on QVC; Skin-care: Clarisonic Mia (not pictured).
2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?
Love and Hate: Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (aka Bronze Universal). Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't.
Hardest product to get: Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous Face Illuminator. I should have bought it when I had the chance!
3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
YSL Rouge Volupte and Soap & Glory Hand Food; they both smell divine.
4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
Bronzer. It takes time for me to apply, so it's definitely a product I neglect when I'm in a rush or don't want to put a lot of effort.
5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
Eyebrow Powder. I feel most confident when my eyebrows look good.
6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
A man who is loyal, honest, funny, and will be there for me through thick and thin. My husband fits the description perfectly. =)
7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
Sigma's Extravaganza 29 Brushes Complete Kit 18K Gold (link). I cannot justify the price. I hope they come out with a cheaper version without the 18K gold because (1) that's obviously why it's so expensive and (2) I don't care for gold.
I believe the X Out Shine Control & NYX Roll On Shimmer are full-size products.
Honestly, I am not excited about this month's bag; I have no interest in any of the products. I'm still going to keep my subscription for a couple more months before making my final decision of keeping or canceling the service though.
The lovely Wendy, Fashionable Heart, tagged me for this award. Be sure to check out her awesome blog if you haven't done so already! =)
For this award you:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the award questions.
3. Tell something about yourself you haven't told anyone on your blog yet.
4. Award as many blogs that you think are worthy of this award.
5. Make sure you let those you gave the award to know that you awarded them.
1. What is your go to makeup product?
Unless you categorize lip balms as makeup, I don't have one. I do have a few favorite items, but I don't wear them enough to say that they're my go to products.
2. What was your favorite fashion trend of 2011?
I don't have one! I wear clothes that fits and feels comfortable... I don't have much of a fashion sense.
3. What is your favorite dessert?
I have two: strawberry cheesecake & gelato.
4. Favorite color?
Lavender. Black and gray comes close, but there's something about lavender that I cannot get over.
5. What is your middle name?
Thi. It's a very common Vietnamese middle name.
6. What was the last song you listened to?
Dev - Bass Down Low
Something you don't know about me yet:
Something short and simple: I suffer from ice pick headaches.
Something totally different and maybe a bit out of the norm: I wash my hands more frequently than I should. If my hands don't feel clean, I have to wash it immediately or I start getting really bad mood-swings. I wash my hands after I clock in from work, touch my keys, open/close a door, before and after I go restroom (which I never see people do -the before part- and that really disgusts me for some reason), before and after I prepare the meal, before and after I eat, before I brush my teeth or wash my face, before and after I finish any kind of activities (like typing from the computer at work, auditing some paperwork, anything with pens/pencils... anything!), and even after someone touches my hand (even if it's my husband). I wash my hands at least 25-30 times a day... Oh, and please don't tell me I'm not the only one who turns off the faucet and open the bathroom door with a couple of paper towels? I mean what's the point of washing your hands if you're probably going to end up with more bacteria by touching all that crap anyway?
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Red Velvet
- Maybelline Baby Lips Duo - Pink Punch & Quenched
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy blushes - Plum Wine & Orchid Rush. I was not planning on purchasing these, but my husband thought I should try them. He is such an enabler. =)
- Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme
- Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals palette
Bath & Body Works:
They were having a 2 for $5 sale on these mini candles. These scents are perfect for Spring & Summer.
It would have been a perfect pyramid, but I already lighted one before I realized I forgot to take pictures. The mini candle sleeve pictured is also part of the haul.
A beautiful candle sleeve for my 4oz candles.
And that would be it for my haul. Thanks for stopping by!
There's a huge fuss going on about the Maybelline Color Tattoos in the beauty world. These cream shadows are said to be creamy, pigmented, and long-lasting hence the comparison to MAC Paint Pots.
I bought colors I knew I'd use on a daily basis:
Left to right:
- Bold Gold - true yellow gold
- Bad to the Bronze - slightly warm bronze with a touch of taupe
- Tough as Taupe - a matte taupe
- Audacious Asphalt - a shimmery gray with some glitter; at first glance, I thought this would be similar to MAC Dangerous Cuvee or Benefit Skinny Jeans.
Left to right: Bold Gold, Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe, Audacious Asphalt
- nice range of colors
- can be used as a base or used alone
- blends easily
- creamy texture
- long-lasting (with primer)
- creases on my oily lids (without primer)
- fades within 6-7 hours (without primer)
- applies better with fingers; a brush makes it look sheer and uneven
* I always wear a primer either way, so the first two doesn't really bother me.
The one thing you should know about me is that I don't care about whether a product is a "dupe" or not. What I mainly care about is the quality of the product that I pay for (because money doesn't grow on trees). However, I will admit that the look, the feel, and the pigmentation of these cream shadows remind me a lot of MAC Paint Pots.
For the price that you pay (especially if you can get them on a BOGO sale), the Maybelline Color Tattoos are a bargain! If you're looking for affordable cream shadows, be sure to check these babies out.
Before I end this review...
Audacious Asphalt, MAC Dangerous Cuvee, & Benefit Skinny Jeans; I was wrong... they're all so different.
- Hourglass Mineral Primer
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer
- MAC Select Moisturecover concealer
- MAC Hush
- NARS Orgasm Multiple
- Dior Amber Diamond
- Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek - Neapolitan Lane - Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder
- MAC Fast Response Eye Cream
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bold Gold
- Urban Decay Tease (from UD Naked2)
- Urban Decay Perversion (tight-line only)
- Prestige My Blackest Lashes
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo
- Jack Black Lip Balm
- YSL Rouge Volupte #2
- Revlon Colorburst lipstick - Blush
1. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Perfume
2. LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter
3. The Body Shop - Vitamin E Body Butter
4. Tarte MultiplEYE mascara - deluxe sample
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Perfume. At one point, I loved this perfume so much that I gave away all of my other perfumes to friends, family, and readers. It was and still is the only perfume I will ever need (although I currently own 3) because it's subtle enough to use all year round, day or night. I don't have the heart to throw this empty bottle away because my younger brother gifted this to me for my birthday two years ago (RIP little brother, I miss you so much), so it's now sitting on my bookshelf.
Will I repurchase? Already did.
LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. This stuff lasted me 10 months! I used it on my cuticles, elbows, and feet. My cuticles have peeled less and my husband's elbows have healed from irritation due to dryness since using this product.
Will I repurchase? Already did.
The Body Shop - Vitamin E Body Butter. I've lost count of how many of these I've gone through already. This is the only stuff I use on my body.
Will I repurchase? I still have 4 backups.
Tarte MultiplEYE mascara - deluxe sample. The only thing I liked about this mascara was how well it separated my lashes. Other than that, it flaked... that's a huge no no on my list.
Will I repurchase? No.
And here's the only product I'm tossing:
MAC Lustreglass - Love Nectar. Ok, I'm not going to really toss it... I'm going to put it in my B2M pile. Lustreglasses seem to have a short lifespan; to be fair it's two years old, but I have older MAC lipglasses that are still good. Love Nectar was a gorgeous color, but like all MAC lipglosses (with the exception of cremesheens and kissable lipcolors) it was too sticky for my taste.
Will I repurchase? No.
Did you finish any products last month? If so, please share details.